Thursday, July 19, 2012

When I woke up this morning I thought of how on this day last year I was waking up pregnant for the last time.  I was a week and a half overdue and had no idea that you would be in my arms the very next day.  Tomorrow at 8:25am you will be exactly ONE YEAR OLD!!  We are going to get up in the morning and do a photo shoot and then play and then I will continue getting things ready for your big birthday party!   

To reflect on the last couple of weeks, here are some of amazing things you've done:

You've started to brush your hair with your comb or with my brush.  If I give your teddy a kiss you will copy me and give him a kiss too, then you give me a kiss.  You now notice so much more, all around you; you point at things with this look of sheer joy and excitement on your face.  You notice the paintings on your bedroom wall, the magnets on the fridge, and especially the photos of yourself hanging in the dining room.  Sometimes I swear I hear you trying to say "baby".  You LOVE it when you see birds outside, you point and your eyes follow them as they fly. 

I am so blessed to have literally spent just about every moment of this past year with you.  I have the best job in the whole world.

I just looked at the clock and it's 8:27pm, which is about the time that I started to labor.  So with that I leave you with some reflective photos:

 here we are about to leave for the hospital

my first time holding you 
(which was after you went to the NICU)

our new family
 Quinny Bear



 me as we were getting ready to leave the hospital, emotional as always



No comments:

Post a Comment