Tuesday, July 10, 2012

11.5 months

I just made a photo timeline for your birthday party.  I've hung it up in the dining room for the time being and I'm looking over the pictures from birth to just a few weeks ago.  It's amazing, even as a newborn you had a face with so much personality and you had that gorgeous head of hair.  And then in a flash I see how you grew into this little person, exploring the world, always on the move.  Yesterday when I was changing your diaper I was thinking about how fragile you used to be, how I used to analyze and worry about everything.  I guess I still kind of do that.  But not about the color of your poop or a little dirt in your mouth.  It's nice that you are so durable now.  :) 

Oh yeah, and a little milestone from last week was that you will spend several minutes at a time putting your bows into a little medicine box and taking them back out.  You were focused and had the fine motor skills to put them in and take them out.  It was really cool for me to watch.

 

You also love to brush your teeth while I brush my teeth in the morning.


Aaaaaaaand unfortunately you've discovered toilet paper...and how much fun it is...to unroll.





Our new patio is finally done, in time for your first birthday party.  I've missed getting to be outside with you in the kiddie pool. 




Aunt Chrissy was here last week to visit you.  We had so much fun.  I didn't want her to leave.  Maybe someday she will move up to KC to be closer to us and then she can come over and play all the time!  We went to the Spray Park and to the pool, we worked on painting frames for your party and played around the house.

 you're new favorite thing to do:


We took Aunt Chrissy to First Fridays and cooled off in Union Station, where you were a little slap happy from being tired and hot.



Then on Saturday we went to Emerson's birthday party.  You loved the car ramp and kept crawling up and down it.



sweet 2 year old Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment