Thursday, July 26, 2012

ONE Year Old Stats

ONE Year Old Stats

17 lbs 2 oz
28.25 inches
8 teeth (4 top, 4 bottom)
Loves: reading books, cheerios, snap pea crisps, playing in water, climbing everything, attention from strangers, smiling, clapping, waving, pointing, using baby signs
Says: Mama, Dada, "no, no"

Yesterday was your 12 month doctor's appointment.  I love going to see Dr. Moylan because I always leave feeling better about the world.  He is so laid back and easy going.  He says you are doing great.  You are only in the 3rd percentile for weight now but he says not to worry because it's normal with how active you are.  He was saying this as you excitedly crawled back and forth on the exam table and then stood up and banged on the wall.  :)  He said with a laugh, "Yep it looks like she's doing fine."  He says if you are hungry then you will eat, just keeping offering food.  He was super supportive about breastfeeding.  He said all 4 of his children were nursed past a year and that it was up to you and I when we wanted to stop.  (Now that you are a year old I did get some Shatto Dairy whole milk for you to try.)  Dr. Moylan also said he was happy to see the bug bites on your legs because that meant you were spending a lot of time outside.  :)  At the end of the appointment you had to get your shots. :(  You had three and cried pretty hard for a couple minutes which broke my heart but soon you were okay.  Then we had to go next door to get blood drawn for a lead test since our house is 110 years old.  I was so nervous about this because they actually draw your blood like they do on an adult!  I had to sit in the chair with you on my lap and hold you with my arm across your shoulder and my other hand holding out your arm.  The nurse was very good and fast and got it right in your vein and you DIDN'T EVEN CRY!  We were both shocked!  She said it was one for the record books.  It was like you were just interested in watching what was going on.  I couldn't believe it!  My brave little girl!  Daddy and I both hate needles, esp. blood draws, so I don't know where you got that from, maybe you'll go into the medical field :p

You birthday party was lots of fun.  I'll have to do a separate post about that once I get through all the pictures.  But you had a great time!!











No comments:

Post a Comment