Thursday, July 12, 2012

I feel like there are some gaps in my blog this summer.  I have so many pictures that my blog has turned into a photo bomb.  Instead of trying to add to old posts I will just write in a few things here.

Here are a few family photos of us from one of our small group potlucks.  And no, this is not how we normally dress for small group.  :p  Jeff had just come from work so he was wearing a tie and Q and I were dressed up because Ali was hired by Rotel to take photos of our "Spring Into Summer" potluck featuring Rotel recipes for her blog, and we wanted to look summery.  :)
Here is a link to the blog post: http://gimmesomeoven.com/rotel-party-giveaway/



 *these photos were taken by Katie Jarmer*



In St. Louis (in May) we went on a long hike with the fam.  It was quiet a bit too long for Quinn, esp. since it was hot and we were carrying her in the Ergo.  But the first half was fun.  :)



Jeff and I also got to go a Cardinals game with Dad and Wendy.  
It was super hot but the seats were great.

Then on Monday (Memorial Day) we went to see Grandpa's grave-site because it was his birthday.  Dad brought some roses (Gpa's favorite flower) and we said a prayer.  Afterwards we went to breakfast.  Quinn loves drinking out of straws.



And I'll leave you with this... zombies, yes, zombies.  Back in KC at First Fridays, we are walking to the car to get Q home to bed where we are stopped dead in our tracks... by the living dead.  Hehehe :)
The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice.  We stood there for like 10 minutes and they just kept coming, Jeff says at least 500 zombies, and they were still coming when we finally walked on.  My initial reactions was to clutch Jeff's arm in fear/shock.  I had no idea what was going on.  Then I remembered that zombie are not real and we live in KC, so I should be surprised by a zombie parade, our city is nuts. :p  But for real, it was awesome.  I mean the zombies looked and acted like actual zombies: bare feet, ripped clothes, covered in fake blood, some with crazy contacts, walking and twitching and grunting.  Awesome.  I love living in the city.  :)  Later I looked it up and it was the "Zombie Walk for Hunger".  Ha!  If it were Vampires I'd be all in.  

http://kczombiewalk.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment