Tuesday, July 10, 2012

We love books!

I have an slight obsession with children's books.  I love the characters, the rhymes, the stories.  Most of all I love the illustrations, some of them are absolutely amazing, such works of art.  I have my favorite authors: Eric Carle and Mo Willems.  Our basement is full of boxes of children's books from my years of teaching, but I still have a hard time not buying more from garage sales.  Now I limit myself to board books for Q.  :)

Quinn already loves reading books, which makes me so happy.  We read at least three times a day, before each nap and bed time.  Quinn will sit in my lap and listen to several books.  She loves to point at things with me and loves to turn the pages.  Her favorite books are Ten Little Ladybugs (because it had little plastic ladybugs on each page that we point to and count) and The Hungry Little Caterpillar (because it has holes for her to put her fingers in).  She also loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (it has sections that she can slide over to revel the next animal).
And of course, we still read Goodnight Moon before bed each night or we read my version of Goodnight Moon that I wrote for her.  (I wrote in the same style but with things from her own room and I took pictures and printed it as a photo book online.)

Now when I put her in her room to play she almost always pulls some books off the shelf and sits and looks at them and tries to turn the pages on her own.  It's the sweetest thing.  If I sit in the room with her, she brings the books to me and tries to crawl into my lap with them for me to read.  Sometimes I try to get her to play with her toys but she'd rather look at her books.  And that's fine with me. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment