Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1st- Birthday Month!

It's finally here!  Quinn's birthday month!  I am so relieved that it is July 1st.  This week has been weird.  I have been having a lot of contractions and I really have no idea how to tell when they are real because I have never done this before.  I kept freaking myself out thinking I was going into labor, so I have not been sleeping very well.  I have spent the week taking it easy and staying mostly inside (out of the heat) because Jeff and I really wanted to make it to July for insurance reasons.  I know that it is good to rest but I've been getting really restless staying at home and trying not to move around too much.  So yay! Now that it is July I can go run a marathon or hike a mountain, right? :p  But really, today I got up early to beat some of the heat and the puppies and I went on a nice walk. 

Last night I went to Shakespeare in the Park with Rachel, Lisa, and Brooke.  The play was mostly boring and hot (esp. since I couldn't drink wine), but it was fun to hang out with the girls.  I like going to Shakespeare in the Park because it's something I always did with my dad and sister in St. Louis.  It's fun to go and picnic.  It feels like summer.  It's esp. nice since we live in the city and everything is so close to our house.  Tonight we will brave the heat again for First Fridays art galleries in the Crossroads. 

So last night I was having contractions and feeling nauseous and I was having hard time sleeping because I was getting excited wondering if maybe I would go into labor.  Then I thought about how I still don't even have a bag packed for the hospital, or an Ipod playlist, or all the paper work together (although Jeff did finally get the car seat bases installed in the cars).  I am such a procrastinator!  I start to pack or think about packing and then I feel overwhelmed.  I know as first time parents we will pack way more then we need.  I keep trying to imagine what this will all be like and I just have no idea. 

I DID finished the dresser yesterday so the nursery is mostly ready.  Pictures to come soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment