Monday, July 4, 2011

39 Weeks and 4th of July Weekend!

It's been a great 3 day weekend with Jeff!

Friday night we went to First Fridays with some friends and walked around in the humidity.  Then we went to Mimi Ice on 39th street and got snow cones!  Snow cones from Mimi Ice have been my thing for the past few weeks.  I do not know how we have never had them before now after living here for 4 years!  I LOVE SNOW CONES!



Saturday Jeff and I took the dogs on a long, hot walk with Stephanie, Eric, Caleb, and Mina.  When we got back Jeff passed out on the couch but I was restless as always so I made a yummy pasta salad using basil and tomatoes from the garden.  Later Jeff had to change AC filters and weed at the apartment so I read all afternoon while he was gone.  Then Saturday night we went on a date to the Cheesecake Factory and got our usual entrees and "Fresh Strawberry" cheesecake for desert, yummy!


On Sunday we went to church and then rested, took the dogs for a long walk, and read at Starbucks.  I got a little freaked out looking through 3 different baby books (about sleeping and feedings) that all said different things.  I just want things to be more black and white.  Jeff says we'll figure it out.  Jeff and I had a nice talk last night in bed about life and what choices lead us to where we are today, and how blessed we are and how faithful God has been and that we have to trust that he will continue to be faithful.  Neither of us can really comprehend that within the next week or two we will have a baby that is ours, that we are responsible for forever.  It's really mind blowing and overwhelming.  But we've seen that God's timing in this really has been perfect in every way.  So last night we had to reassure ourselves that we are ready for this and that this is a good time for us and that this is what we've wanted and planned for.  And it is!  It's just a little terrifying too.  But at the same time, I can't wait to hold her in my arms and to see Jeff melt.  

Today (Monday, July 4th) we went to breakfast at First Watch with Lisa.  I got my usual Floridian French Toast and Jeff got his Breakfast Scramble.  Then Jeff and I hung out on the Plaza and put our feet in the fountain while we waited for our movie to start at 1:10.  We went to see "Bridesmaids"- I know everyone loves this movie but it's more Jeff's humor then mine.  Although I did laugh so hard on a couple of occasions that my stomach started contracting SUPER hard.  Tonight we are going to BBQ with Stephanie and Eric!


Here are some pictures from yesterday, 39 weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment