Monday, June 27, 2011

38 Weeks

Hi baby girl!  You sure are squirmy these days.  Sometimes my ribs feel bruised!  It's also becoming increasing more difficult/uncomfortable to bend over, get up from sitting or laying down, etc.  Are you ready to come out?  Well, let's wait at least a few more days and then you come come whenever you want.  I can't believe that any day now I will be holding you in my arms.  I am nervous because I've never done this before, but I get excited when I think of seeing your little face for the first time and holding your tiny body in my arms.  I get excited when I think of your daddy holding you and seeing his reaction to meeting his daughter for the first time.  We are still getting things ready for you.  Your nursery is coming along beautifully.  I think it will be a place that we can both enjoy and find peace in.  I am super tired today and maybe that is good because it is forcing me to rest instead of cleaning and organizing like I have been.  Which reminds me, this weekend we went blueberry picking with your Grandma Kim!  It was a lot of work in the hot sun but we got lots of healthy, yummy blueberries to eat and freeze for the upcoming months. 

Here are some pictures of me at 38 weeks!:





     
38 Weeks:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment