Thursday, December 30, 2010

12 weeks

Yay!  I am at 12 weeks!  I can't believe that it has been 3 months already!  I still haven't gained any weight but I should start showing soon.  I promise I am eating a ton!  I am feeling a lot better, not as nauseous or tired.  I am getting some headaches now, but I can handle that.  My next midwife appointment is on Monday.  I ordered a Fetal Doppler off Amazon.com and I am patiently waiting for it's arrival from UPS today.  I can't wait to hear my baby's heartbeat again!

We got home yesterday from all of our holiday travels.  We enjoyed time with my family in St. Louis and with Jeff's family in Springfield.  My cousin Maggie bought the baby an adorable bib from her study abroad in Rome.  We also got two board books from Jeff's grandparents.  Jeff's brother Mitchell decided to temporarily name the baby "Pat".  Pat got to go on two roller coaster rides at Silver Dollar City.  Pat loved the roller coasters and also wanted a mint-chip waffle cone for dinner.  Yummy :)

Here is what is going on at 12 weeks:

"The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be."

No comments:

Post a Comment