Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ladies Night

Last night I went to my small group and got to tell some of the women that I am pregnant.  I have been looking forward to telling them for weeks!  These are women who have walked through this journey with me and know my heart's desire for being a mom.  It was so good, so rich, talking with them, sharing the story of finding out, sharing joys and fears.  At the end of the evening they prayed over me, and it blessed me so much to hear their words of truth.    I woke up with such joy in my heart this morning, full of unusual energy, I think because I was so blessed by these women and their presence in my life.  I look forward to traveling on this journey with them.  I look forward to the days ahead when our children will play and grow together.  This is an amazing kind of community and family God has put us in.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

On a random note, this morning I was contemplating my future wardrobe and said in a panic, "Jeff, what am I going to wear this summer!?  I mean, do they even make maternity soccer shorts!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment