Thursday, December 2, 2010

First Prenatal and Ultrasound

On Tuesday we had our first prenatal appointment with the midwife.  Jeff and I both really liked her.  She said that everything looked great.  We weren't sure about the due date.  I said that I thought I was only 8 weeks because from charting I know that I have longer cycles (about 35 days instead of 28 days), but from the date of my last period I would be 9 weeks.  We also couldn't hear the heartbeat, which is pretty normal at this point, but she said I should get an ultra sound to make sure how far along I am.  SO, yesterday we went to get the ultrasound and it was AMAZING!  We saw the baby, just a little jelly bean.  We saw the heartbeat flickering on the screen and then we got to hear the heartbeat.  I was correct about how far along I thought I was.  I am now 8 weeks, 4 days and my due date is July 9th.  I feel so relieved that the baby has a good heartbeat and is truly in there.  It made it seem much more real, especially for Jeff.  Here is Jeff's response: "It's like an alien, there is something alive inside of you.  What have a done!"  :)  But really, he was so excited, his face lit up.  (On the downside they told me to chug 36 oz of water an hour before the appointment and not go to the bathroom, so I was more like, "great, there's the baby, now hurry up I have to pee!")

1 comment:

  1. Hehe! So your due date (July 9th) is me and Vinnys 9 month anniversary...crazy!

    ReplyDelete