Monday, January 3, 2011

13 Weeks and 2nd Appointment

God saw you before you were born. Every day of your life was recorded in His book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:16 NLT

Today we had our second appointment with the midwife.  We got to hear the heartbeat again.  I felt so relieved and got teary eyed.  I've just felt like the baby was going to go away or disappear, but now I feel much better.  I am in my second trimester so the chances of miscarriage are almost completely gone.  We can finally go completely public!  I am excited to share the big news with my third graders.  They will be so excited.  The midwife felt my stomach and showed us where the uterus bulge was above my pubic bone.  It's not showing yet, but with me laying down we could press down my stomach and feel where it gets hard.  That was really cool.  She said it will start to move up and then out and that I probably won't even need maternity pants until after 20 weeks.  We are scheduled to go back and get the sonogram in 5 weeks to hopefully find out the gender!  I guess about 10% of the time they can't tell because of how the baby is positioned.  I will go crazy if that happens to us!  I need to know! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment