Monday, December 20, 2010

Maternity Clothes

I bought my first two maternity shirts today! No, I am not showing yet.  :(  But I can't wait!  I only bought them because the GAP was having a big sale and I was curious, so I checked out their maternity section.  I bought one pink long sleeve shirt and one cute black tank-top.  I don't see much of a difference between maternity shirts and regular shirts.  It was fun trying to figure it out.  I was bundling up shirts to stuff under the maternity shirts to make my future belly.  I am thinking that most of my current clothes will last me for quite a while. 

I having also been researching cloth diapers.  I have several friends that use cloth and it seems like the way to go since I am going to be staying at home.  At first Jeff was not excited about the idea, but now that we have talked to 3 or 4 friends that currently use them and say they are totally doable and a big money saver, I think he is on board with the idea.  I am asking questions and observing how my friends use them so I can decided on the best brand and style.  Believe it or not, there are many different options. 

My next appointment is Jan. 2 and I am going to talk to the midwife about having a water birth.  I also am so excited to hear the heart beat again!  I am still feeling exhausted and nauseous, although the nauseousness has been better the last week.  AND by the grace of God, I have had several full nights of sleep!  (By full nights I mean waking up just once to pee.)

Yesterday, Jeff and I saw this amazing Christmas performance by the KC Symphony and got to watch our good friend Brooke sing in the Symphony Chorus!  It really got me excited again about Christmas.  I can't wait to see both of our families over the break.  After the performance I made sugar cookies for 6 of our neighbors and Jeff and I went and delivered them and shared our pregnancy news.  Jeff finished wrapping presents for our families, so now I just have a few more gifts to make. 

One day left of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment