Monday, June 6, 2011

4 year anniversary! + Springfield shower and wedding

Wow, 4 years flies by!  It's been a great 4 years with my wonderful husband, partner, and best friend.  I am so blessed to be married to this amazing man.  I can't imagine life without him.  He challenges me, makes me a better person, and loves me in all my imperfections.  We can be so silly together and I love all of our dumb jokes and songs for different things that no one else would understand.  I took some time Thursday to reflect on the last 4 years because this anniversary seems epic.  We are soon to be progressing on to the next chapter of our family.  It will no long be just Jeff and Maria (and the Bosco and Ozark).  Our life will never be the same.  This is quiet scary but I know that we will walk in this newness together, learning together, and embracing parenthood.  I can't wait to see Jeff as a father to our little girl.  And I can't wait to see our little girl, a true representation of us becoming one.  This little person who has some of Jeff and some of me and lots of her own unique self that God designed. 

So here is how our anniversary went:
Thursday we started by Jeff going to the triplex to let in the carpet installers and then getting me some beautiful flowers.

Then we went to Lamar's to eat anniversary donuts.  After our healthy breakfast we went to my school to load up all my teaching stuff.  We left school around noon and headed to Paleteria Chihuahua, my favorite little Mexican restaurant that I found in KCK earlier in the school year, but to my utter dismay it had been SHUT DOWN!  I looked it up online later and found out that the state shut it down because they had not been paying state sales taxes.  Ugggg... they had the BEST horchata and street tacos.  I am so sad.  Anyway, we went to a different Mexican place for lunch.  After lunch we drove home, unpacked boxes, and did some gardening.  Then Jeff had to replace some washer, dryer hoses over at the triplex. :(

When he got back home we took the dogs for a walk.  Then we got dressed up for dinner.  I had planned a surprise date to Jardine's Restaurant and Jazz Club.  We ate salmon and listened to some good music.  I got a nicest compliment from a complete stranger, this young, hip waitress walked by our table and as she was passing she enthusiastically said "You are SO beautiful!" and then continued on her way.  It was very sweet and what every 8 1/2 month pregnant women needs to hear.





Friday we packed up the dogs and headed to Springfield.  
Jeff's mom threw us a beautiful baby shower Saturday morning. 




Saturday evening we went to Ted's wedding.  
They had toasted ravioli!!  I LOVE toasted ravs!




No comments:

Post a Comment