Monday, May 30, 2011

Celebration at the Station and Goodbye School

Baby Quinn,
Yesterday we took you to "Celebration at the Station".  Union Station had the KC Symphony playing and a fireworks show.  There were so many people there and the weather was perfect.  We set up blankets and chairs on the huge lawn and had a picnic.  It finally felt like the beginning of summer!  They shot off really loud cannons that made the kids around us start crying, and I wondered if someday you would be crying at the loud noise.  You moved around in my stomach but didn't seem too startled by the noise.
Quinn, this is my favorite season, summer.  I love summer so much.  I love the heat, the sun, the smell, the memories of camping, swimming, lakes and rivers, roller coasters, kettle corn, ice cream, snow cones . . . I can't wait to do all of these things with you.  I can't wait to set up a little baby pool in our yard and sit outside and play with you and the puppies.  Just like the funny card your daddy got me for Mother's Day.



Here are a couple of cute pictures and a letter from students.  With two days of school left, I am reflecting on the year and it's happy memories.  This was maybe my favorite class of kids; I will be sad to leave them.  They were all so sweet and learned so much.  Most of them really worked hard and made me so proud.  I loved hearing them speak in Spanish to each other, I loved getting homemade baby gifts, I loved them bringing me Mexican fruits and candies to try, I loved their interest and comments on my growing belly.






Here are two adorable outfits that Abraham's mom had her friend knit for the baby!  (Plus a blanket.)  
I couldn't believe what a sweet gift this was!



1 comment:

  1. So I guess it's officially Quinn...I love it, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete