Monday, March 12, 2012

31 Days of Play

Day 8:  Independent Play & The Zoo

Last night I placed a blanket with a yoga mat on top on the hard kitchen tiles and let Quinn engage in some "independent play" using ideas from the articles I read.  I got a milk crate and placed items in it to keep in the kitchen for her to play with.  These include: bowls, various tupperware, bottle parts, empty lotion bottles.  These are items that we aren't using so I can keep them tucked away just for her play.  I sat her on the mat and placed items around her and just let her do her thing.  And she did great!  She picked what she wanted to explore, she reached, rolled, banged things together, dropped, put in her mouth, etc.  She was happily content playing there while I made dinner and again while we cleaned up.


 

Today we went to the zoo!!  I bought a zoo pass this week and was so excited to use it.  It was worth it just to not have to wait in line for tickets, we got right in.  It was a gorgeous 75 degree March day.  When we saw the sheep Quinn started babbling her favorite sound "ba, ba, ba".  She's my little genius.  :p
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, but I cannot handle all the cuteness in these photos!!!! Look how long her hair has gotten since I last came, OMG, and I've made and sold your flowers three times now but this week is our last farmer's market and then I'm making and sending her some fun teal, purple and pink ones with the other hair clips we were talking about!

    LOVE AND MISS YOU GUYS! And cannot get over how adorable lil Quinny Bear is and how fast she is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! She needs them, her hair is always getting in her face but the other ones you gave me are too heavy in her hair :( But I love them for me :) Miss you too!! How things are going well, send me an update soon!

    ReplyDelete