Wednesday, March 7, 2012

31 Days of Play

I am going to embark on a journey in play this month.  Yes, I know it's March 5th so I am 5 days behind, but such is life.  :)  I am going to try to do a *new* activity or outing each day with Quinn using some activities I find on Pinterest and from this blog:
http://www.dirtandboogers.blogspot.com/p/31-days-of-play.html

I am sick on "pinning" great ideas and not using them.  So this is my challenge.  I want to engage Quinn and let her explore the world.

Day 1:(Today I was planning so this is a freebie.)
Today Quinn and I got our first mother-daughter pedicure with Aunt Brooke!  She was soooo good the whole time.  She just sat on my lap and played with her rattles and looked at the colored lights in the water.

Day 2:
Quinn and I went to "Bring Your Baby Matinees" to see "The Vow" with our new friends, Alicia and her son Jude.  She did great, just sat on my lap and played and then nursed.  After the movie we sat outside and ate ice cream.  It was a lot of fun, we plan on going again next month.
http://pregnant.thebump.com/bring-your-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

This evening Quinn and I sat outside since the weather was AMAZING and I attempted to BBQ (Jeff is out of town).  Steph, Eric, and Caleb came over to join us for dinner.

Tonight I gave Quinn a bath and we did this activity:

Shower Power

Splish-splashing in the bath lets your baby explore the thrill of making something happen – and because water is such fun to manipulate, he's flexing those fine motor skills to boot. Here's a game where he actually gets to make it "rain."
Appropriate for: 7 months to 1 year
Skills developed: Fine motor, sense of cause and effect
What you'll need: A small, empty, clean plastic food container (like a tub that held cottage cheese or yogurt) with a lid; something sharp to make holes in the container's lid

Using a knife, fork, or scissors, punch small holes in the container's lid. Fill the container with water and snap the lid on. Once your baby is in the bath, show him how to turn the container upside down and sprinkle water into the tub. A water toy like this has endless potential: As your child becomes more skillful, he can help a doll or rubber ducky take a "shower," he can take a shower himself like Mom and Dad, or he can make it "rain" over the water – and you can point out how the droplets make ripples on the surface.

from:http://www.babycenter.com/0_lets-play-choo-choo-training-shower-power_1498486.bc

Quinn LOVES bath time but she was not interested in making it rain.  She just wanted to splash and play with her rubber ducky and try to grab the spout.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment