Monday, January 17, 2011

15 Weeks & Epic Retreat

"Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds."

In other news, Jeff and I went to the "diaper swap" as previously mentioned.  And it was terrifying!  I was really excited to go, but when we got there it was completely packed full of women and babies.  Jeff and I just stood there in the entrance to the little store, him inching his way back towards the door, me taking a few steps in to the chaos and then retreating back to him, trying not to burst into tears.  I was completely overwhelmed!  All of my years of thrift store, consignment, and garage sale shopping had NOT prepared me for this.  I was completely out of my element.  Even though I thought I knew what kind and style of diapers I wanted, there were so many different ones and so many people, I didn't know what to do with myself.  So after about 7 minutes, Jeff and I made our epic retreat back out the door, and I breathed a sigh of relief in the open air. 
Maybe I will try again in April with a cloth-diaper-experienced mom friend by my side. :)

The good news is that after this we went to Kohl's and they had Eric Carle books and stuffed animals for there "Kohl's Cares for Kids".  So I got a stuffed Hungry Little Caterpillar for the baby's room.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment