Sunday, November 4, 2012

Jacob's Well

JW Community

Jeff and I have recently starting volunteering with the JW Kid's Community in Quinn's classroom (1 year olds- "Movers").  It's been so fun to see her in a classroom setting.  She looks like such a big girl sitting patiently at the table with all the other kids and then eating snack and listening to the story.  Even today at our volunteer meeting she climbed up into one of the empty chairs at the table among the adults and just sat quietly observing.  One of the other volunteers, when he found out that she was our daughter, said she was one of his favorites because she was always so happy and friendly.

Once a month I am meeting with Christy, who is on staff with JW leading the Infants-2, and another gal Amy, to help out with curriculum planning for the Infants-2 year olds.  We just met this past week to brainstorm ideas for the theme of Noah's Ark and I really enjoyed meeting with them and putting on my "creative teacher hat" for this new age group that Quinn is in.  It's been so interesting to observe all that Quinn can do and communicate and understand these days.

I am excited to start thinking about Advent activities for the Kid's Community, and to do as a family in December.  It will be a great Spiritual Practice to start with Quinn and for Jeff and I as well. 

Another thing I love, love, love is serving communion at JW, especially on the last Sunday when it's whole family communion.  It always makes me feel connected and a part of the community which is, and can feel, so big at times.  I love seeing all the kids coming up with their parents and seeing all the familiar faces, even ones that I don't have names for.

On another note, after 29 years of hating coffee, I am now officially a coffee drinker.  Motherhood has finally worn me down and I need a little extra kick.  :)  I am surprised at how quickly my taste has adjusted to even enjoying coffee, of course only with flavored creamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment