Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rough Week

This has been kind of a rough week.  You've been fussy and have not been sleeping very well at night or for naps.  Then last night and today you've had a runny nose.  Well, when I was playing with you today I found a possible answer!  I was holding you upside down and you were laughing and I saw that you have two MORE teeth coming in- your incisors right next to those front two teeth that JUST came in.  Yikes!  You poor baby.  :(  And poor mama.

This is on top of your new found ability to scoot around on the floor and sit yourself up.  So when I put you down for a nap you restlessly scoot and roll about your crib and then try to pull yourself up on the crib slats or sit yourself up, and eventually you start crying and fussing again.  Thank goodness for the video monitor, I do enjoying watching you move around- you make me laugh.  But I also want you to get good rest and without me having to come back in to rock you to sleep after you get your wiggles out.

It has been a lot of fun watching you scoot around the house.  In just a few days you have become a pro at scooting and switching directions.  Today you were chasing Ozark- you would start scooting toward him and he would move somewhere else and you would stop and think and rotate yourself in his direction and start scooting towards him again.  It was hilarious!  You also found a dime under the chair and started to put it in your mouth when I saw you with it, that scared me!

Tonight you are going to your first Seder Dinner.  I would say that this is probably my favorite part of Easter and Holy Week.  "A Seder is a symbolic remembrance of Jesus' last meal with his disciples that draws in elements of a traditional Passover meal."  I remember going with my Uncle Pat and Aunt Darienne when I was younger and something about it always felt so Holy and "magical".  Then four years ago Daddy and I went to one in Santa Monica, CA with our friends who live there and we sat on the floor for the Seder meal and then had the most amazing lamb.  Two years okay we hosted a Seder at our house and last year we did one with our Corpus group.

Okay, enough writing for today, your nap times are precious!

I sat you on the blanket but you wanted to chase your puppy brother.

If this is wrong, I don't want to be right :)
(Cheerio training with the puppies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment