Friday, April 13, 2012

Rainy Day Fun

Yesterday we stayed home all day because it was kind of rainy, but we had lots of fun at home, even though you are still teething and a bit fussy.  But hey, as long as I am holding you or consistently entertaining you, you are fine :)  You did take two good naps so Mommy did get some house work done.  I also made you some cute little bows!  The hot glue gun is my new best friend!  I can't wait to someday take you to Hobby Lobby to pick out supplies for projects and crafts to do together.  Wednesday we went to HL after going to a developmental play group (we had SOOO much fun singing songs, reading books, using baby signs, and playing with the other babies).  The carts at HL are actually small enough for you to sit in, so that is fun.  There were so many things to look at but you were so sleepy so Mommy tried really hard to be quick.  So back to yesterday, here are the clips I made you using felt, ribbons, and fabric scraps from old clothes:

directions:
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/scrappy-braided-flower.html
http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/how-to-make-a-fabric-flower-version-2.html

During your first nap I finished these clips and made non-toxic finger paint out of corn starch.  The colors were beautiful but you just wanted to eat it and got mad when I wouldn't let you.  Although they are non-toxic I still didn't want you eating a lot of it, so I think we will stick to yogurt painting.  I actually have some crock pot yogurt cooking right now.  :)






paint recipe:
http://rainydaymum.co.uk/baby-play-finger-painting

No comments:

Post a Comment