Thursday, January 19, 2012

Milestone- rolling from back to front

Dear Quinn,
About an hour ago you rolled all the way over from back to front for the first time!!  Yesterday you were getting close but your arm kept getting stuck under you and you couldn't get all the way on your belly.  Today after much reaching and practicing you did it!!  Good girl.  It was so hard for me not to help you over, but I wanted to see you do it for yourself. 

If Daddy is home tonight we are going to reach another milestone- your first food!!  Avocado!  I was going to wait until tomorrow when you are officially 6 months old but the avocado is nice and ripe today.  I've read a little about "baby lead weaning", where you give the baby long pieces of soft food and they feed themselves from the very beginning.  I am not completely sold on it, but I will let you learn about food in this way and also feed you purees that I make.  We will see how you do with it.  I am so excited because I think you are ready and you've been very interested in food for weeks now!  But it's also a little sad because you are growing up so fast and this means soon you will be eating food for nourishment instead of just depending on me.  BUT of course I plan on nursing you for at least another 6 months and probably past that. 

You just woke up from your nap so I have to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment