Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Dream!

A few nights ago, I had a dream that Maria went into labor suddenly, and I had no idea what to do. I started having a panic attack, and I forgot if we were supposed to go the hospital or not, or if we could just stay in bed. I don't think I knew what a hospital even was, all I knew was that things were about to get real messy, real quick, if I didn't do something.

Finally I woke up in a rush of sweat and anxiety. Whew! I made it through my first traumatic nightmare involving live birth. I had no time recover however, because immediately after I awoke, I found Maria experiencing the onslaught of a crippling leg-cramp. She starts moaning and whimpering and writhing around in the bed, and then she grabs my hand, squeezes and yells "Accept the pain!!!!".

Let's just say that I am still recovering a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment