Tuesday, April 26, 2011

29 Weeks and a Really Good Monday

"Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week she weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester." 


Well, I officially submitted my letter of "non-renewal" for the 2011-2012 school year.  It felt good to get that done!  Only 5 weeks of teaching left and then I am free! :p  Ready to start a new adventure!  I am nervous and excited.  I think this is what I was born to do.  I hope it is!


Last night was such a wonderful evening.  I went to the "Hispanic SunFresh" right by my school and when I walked in the store I was hit by the warm smell of freshly cooking corn tortillas.  I LOVE when they are cooking tortillas, it's one of the best smells.  So of course I had to buy some.  I decided that I would be brave and try making fajitas, which I have never attempted but always wanted to.  When I got home I found some beef in the freezer that we got from Jeff's grandparents and cooked it with some fajita seasoning.  Then I sauteed some thinly sliced zucchini, yellow squash, and red onion.  I served this with plain Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), limes, cheese, salsa, and Mexican hot sauce.  They were AMAZING!  I was so pleased.  Jeff thought it was delicious.  And it was easy to make.  Thank goodness, because sometimes my cooking experiments do not work out so well.

After dinner, Jeff and I went and got coffee at Aixois, which was so relaxing and had such a great atmosphere.

We looked over my birth plan for the midwives and talked about our upcoming birthing class on Saturday!!  Then we drove downtown and I got a delicious chocolate cannoli from the Cosentino's Market- I was having a craving.  It was de-licious!  I want another one right now!


When we got home, Jeff took this picture of my belly because there truly appears to be a basketball under that dress.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment