Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What a hellish and miraculous week . . .

I need to pause to tell the story of last week.  You may have seen the post from Monday of last week, when I took the pregnancy test and it was negative, well here is how the rest of the week went:

Tuesday at school ended with a girl in my class having birthday treats.  I was offered a cupcake and thought it polite to eat one.  Filled with basically all sugar, as it was, I got a horrible stomach ache which continued though the evening and into the next day.  I hardly got any sleep that night, and when I woke I was still feeling nauseous and horrible, but I didn't throw up so I went to school.  After school Wednesday I sat though two horrible hours of meetings, just wanting to go home and lay down because I still felt so nauseous, even to the point of having body aches and chills.  I was beginning to wonder if I was getting the flu or something.  Of course "baby" was always in the back of my mind so I spent some time looking up "what morning sickness feels like".  I had forced myself to eat a banana at school that day but I hadn't had much more than that and laid down for the rest of the evening Wednesday, even missing our Corpus group.  Thursday I woke up and still hadn't started my period and was still nauseous so I was beginning to get hopeful again and was planning to take another pregnant test Saturday morning if I hadn't started by then.  So of course the anxiety of hoping I was pregnant, mixed with intense nausea and a mostly empty stomach, PLUS having to teach my 3rd grade class while feeling this way, was making for quite the week.  Did I mention that I also had a scheduled observation Thursday afternoon of my reading lesson by my principal?!  I was so glad when the school day was over Thursday.  I had actually been praying every time I went to the bathroom that I would not start my period that day before I had my observation because I didn't think I would be able to handle the crushing disappointment and be able to fake my way through a good lesson.  So of course, what happens?  As soon as I get home from school I go to the bathroom and there is the red tinge that I always get before starting my period.  I was crushed!  I laid on the couch with my puppies and cried, curled up in a blanket.  When Jeff got home he knelt by the couch and hugged me and I just sobbed.  I said " I just thought... I just though that maybe, since I have been nauseous all week and my period was so late..."

Fast forward to Friday, I am still feeling sick.  My period had yet to actually start, there wasn't even a red tinge anymore.  I called Jeff and said "I am taking another pregnancy test when I get home.  I am either pregnant or there is something really wrong with me and I need to go to the doctor."  He told me to wait until he got home from work.  When he got home from work I took the test and watched the little plus sign appear before my eyes!  I showed Jeff and he was shocked but excited.  I wanted to go and buy another test to make sure but we had already made plans to go on a walk with Stephanie and Eric.  We decided not to say anything to them about it, so we went on a long walk just not thinking about it.  As soon a we got back I went up to CVS on Main St. and bought another test.  What's funny is that they had them locked up so I actually had to get a male security guard to open the case for me.  When I got home a took it and it was also positive.  I kept it on the kitchen table so we could look at it for days to come.  After this we rushed off to meet up with Brooke and Ryan at First Fridays.  I told Brooke and we started screaming and hugging and jumping up and down, like silly girls.  It was a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment