Monday, October 8, 2012

Rough days... and nights.

Things have been rough around here the last couple of weeks.  Daddy left this morning for his two week work trip to India!  And you have not been sleeping well at all.  You have not been taking 2 naps and you have not been sleeping through the night.  I was really hoping you'd keep taking 2 naps until you were closer to 2 years old but it looks like we may be transitioning to 1 nap.  I am not sure what is going on with your night time sleep.  Maybe a combination of teething and a cold brought on by the weather change?  Seems like everyone we know had runny noses and coughs, as do you.  I am super tired and beside myself at what to do for you.  The only thing that gets you back to sleep is nursing, and I've tried so hard not to get back into the habit of nighttime nursing.  The house is a complete disaster because I am so tired and only have one nap time to get things done, and I should be napping.  Anyway, we will get through this.  I'm just praying for nighttime rest for both of us. 

You are also being a very picky eater and it's driving me crazy.  I really want you to eat healthy foods and I've tried making different things that I think you'll like, like sweet potato pancakes and quinoa chili with beans . . . and it's just hit or miss with you eating, depending on the day it seems.  Most of the food just ends up on the floor for the dogs.  It turns out that toddlers are the most wasteful, messy creatures :).  Vegetables are the hardest, so sometimes I just resort to the green smoothies to get some spinach in you.  The only consistent meal is breakfast where you eat your plain Greek yogurt flavored either with berries or pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice.  Yum!  You also love to help me eat my cereal after you finish your yogurt.

Love you sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment