Monday, October 1, 2012

My little toddler!!

Well, I think I've said it before, but you are officially, officially a TODDLER!!  You are toddling all over the place.  About Wednesday last week (which was my 29th birthday) you just started walking all over the place.  Up until last week, crawling was still your preferred method of travel, esp. if you wanted to get somewhere fast.  Now you prefer to show off your walking skills and you are getting pretty fast and stable as well.  Today we spent the afternoon outside in the front yard and you walked all the way down the sidewalk almost to the end of the street.  You only stumbled a few times.  But you did get sidetracked at EVERY driveway and walkway, wanting to go up to every neighbors' door.  :)  You also wandered towards the street a few times but we talked about how cars go in the street and we need to stay on the side walk.  I love, love, LOVE that you are walking now.  I'm hoping it will keep your knees a little cleaner.  You certainly are an adventurous little girl, not afraid of getting messy either.  I love that about you.  :)




Saturday night Jude and Josie came over to play with us.  We did some pumpkin painting in the backyard.  Josie did a great job and Jude chucked his pumpkin on the ground a few times (boys :p) but you were in no mood for painting.  All you wanted to do was eat the paint, and since we were not using the edible paint (wouldn't work on the pumpkins), I could not let you put the paint brush in your mouth.  So you got very mad at me and painting was over.  Oh well, at least we gave it a try :)  Next year I bet you will love it!




Tuesday-Thursday Grandma Kim came to visit and we went to the zoo.  You had fun calling to the monkeys and the gorilla.  You also "roar" now for tigers and lions.  Daddy taught you that one :)  Goooo MU Tigers!  Grandma watched you Wednesday night so Daddy and I could go out to dinner for my birthday.




The other fun thing we have been doing this Fall is having picnics with our friends at Loose Park.  We have to enjoy this beautiful weather before it gets too cold to be outside!



 Our Corpus Group!

And on a sad note, my last softball game was Sunday night :(  It was an awesome season and I had soooo much fun playing!  Gooooo Snakes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment