Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Milestone!

On Thursday, August 30th, you took your first step.  It was very special because Daddy and I both got to see it.  It was in the evening and we were about to go get ice cream.  I called Daddy in to show him a game we were playing and at that moment you stood up on your own, so we froze and watched as you took one big step and then you froze standing for a few seconds, maybe thinking about taking another step, and then you sat down.  Daddy and I were so exciting and clapped for you, you had a big smile on your face.  Now, a few days later, you can take three steps before falling.  Every time you have this big grin on your face- you stand up, take your steps, fall and then you look up at us all proud of yourself.  I can now officially call you my little toddler!

A couple other things to mention:

You have been pointing to yourself when you see a photograph of yourself or when we say your name or when you see yourself in the mirror.

You love having me put on your shoes.  If you see your shoes, or ever my shoes, you will bring them to me and demand that I put them on your feet- meaning you start making noises and hold your foot up, putting the shoe next to it. 

You are able to follow simple directions and help clean up.  In the morning while I get ready in the bathroom you take things out of the cabinet and drawers.  When I am done, and ready to take you down to eat breakfast, I sing the "clean up" song.  Sometimes you try to sing it with me and you do a great job of putting things back into the cabinet and drawers with my help.  I can even point to things like a bar of soap and say "Can you put that soap back in the drawer?" and point to where it goes and you will do it.  Yesterday you helped me put wet clothes in the dryer and shut the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment