Thursday, August 2, 2012

Molars are a B

Quinny Bear,
Yesterday I discovered that it is for sure molars that are causing all this ruckus.  You let me look in your mouth and I saw the jagged points erupting through your gums.  I have to be honest, just the thought of what that looked like makes me shutter.  It looked incredibly painful.  I am so sorry sweet girl.  Last night was the worst night of teething we've ever had.  I gave you Motrin before bed and you went to sleep and then an hour or so later you woke up just screaming.  I went and got you, we rocked, we swayed, we looked at books, we pointed at photos on the wall, we pushed the alarm buttons to listen to them beep, we sang songs, we nursed.  You'd be distracted for a minute or two and then the screaming would start again.  This went on past midnight when I finally just held you and rocked you until the screaming stopped and you fell asleep.  It was so sad and I didn't know what to do to make it better.  I felt so helpless and alone.  It's been a rough week for Daddy to be out of town.  You are peacefully napping now. 

On a good note:
Milestone- Monday you climbed down a whole flight of stairs by yourself! 
Yesterday we were looking at a kitten book that had a little mouse on every page doing different things in the background.  I asked you where the mouse was and would show you how to point to it then we look at the next page and find the mouse.  In just a few minutes you could do it by yourself.  I'd ask where the mouse was on each page and you stop and think with this serious look on your face, and then you'd point to it!  I'd get all excited and then you'd give me a high-five!  (BTW You are a master at high-fives now, you love to give me high-fives as I push you in the cart at the grocery store.)  You are such a smart girl!  I took a video and sent it to Daddy and he was so impressed, he couldn't believe you could do that.  Perhaps we've been underestimating you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment