Wednesday, August 24, 2011

breastfeeding is hard- 5 weeks

Breastfeeding is hard.  Like the hardest thing I've ever done.  (And after doing natural childbirth I'd think all else would pale in comparison.)  Sometimes BF is amazing, more times it is hard, painful, or frustrating.  And I just hate not having all the answers and not knowing how to make it better.  Like now I am wondering if Quinn may have reflux and if that is why she sometime gets fussy and screams and pulls off while feeding.  But there is no way to know for sure and I hate putting her on more meds just to see if they help.  I also have a blocked milk duct, which is really painful, but I think it is getting better.  Last night and today she has been cluster feeding, maybe getting ready for that 6 week growth spurt.  So needless to say, last night I was sleeping in 1 hour increments.  One awesome thing I discovered this week is how to do the side lying position.  We still need some practice with it, but it has been really nice and peaceful to lay and nurse her like that.  I feel like BF has gotten better in a lot of ways but it seems that each week brings new challenges.  I just want it to be that natural, peaceful, bonding time that it seems like it can be, and every once in while I do get a taste of that.  Everyone says that it's worth it once you get through the hard beginning weeks/months.  I am expecting it to be awesome!!  At least I know Quinn is getting the very best nutrition.  It's amazing how God created a women's body to provide for her child.

Thank you Lord for the encouraging sermon Sunday on the Joy of Christ.
As Paul wrote, while he was in prison,
"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again.  Rejoice!"


The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Here is an awesome quote that someone sent to me: 
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

 This was at 4 weeks- see how happy she is! :p

 At the JW Pilgrimage.  Next year we will go for the whole weekend and take Quinn camping!


I love Grandma Kim and Aunt Paige!

At Starbucks on the Plaza with the family.

I love Grandpa Ben!






The following pictures show how Quinn is like her daddy about sleeping when it is time to wake up:







So funny!




Quinn weighed in at 8 lbs 1.5 oz at group this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment