Friday, August 19, 2011

4 weeks old

Here is Quinn's growth from the last three Mondays at the North KC support group:
7 lbs
7lbs 6oz
7lbs  12oz

Well Quinny Bear, as hard as this is sometimes, we must be doing something right!

Last night was rough, Jeff was out of town and Quinn cried (off and on) for two hours and wouldn't eat.  She has been having trouble eating sometimes, getting fussy and not staying on to eat.  She will latch over and over and then cry and pull off- which becomes very soar and painful for me, not to mention extremely frustrating and time consuming.  So I thank God for the community and support he has put around me: a mom friend from church, who lives around the block, came over and helped me calm down and calm Quinn down.  She reminded me that this (like everything) is a lesson in giving up the control.  God is asking me again to surrender to Him and His control and trust Him.  I can't control Quinn's feedings, no matter how hard I try to do everything right.  I can't figure out for sure what may or may not be wrong when she gets fussy at the breast, no matter how many web articles I read or LCs I talk to.  I DO NOT HAVE CONTROL!  I have to take a deep breath and give this up and trust the Lord again and again.  I can see that this is going to be a BIG part of parenting, even now with an infant.

We just had a good feeding.  Now Quinn is sleeping on my chest as I write this.  I want to remember this encouraging moment so that the next difficult feeding does not seem so overwhelming.



I just read this wonderfully encouraging "letter" about breastfeeding:
http://theleakyboob.com/2011/08/baby-explains-normal-newborn-behavior/

No comments:

Post a Comment